Well, firstly, a huge thank you to David Prosser at barsetshirediaries for this nomination; it has made me smile! A lovely surprise for this new blogger.
You can find his lovely blog at http://barsetshirediaries.wordpress.com/
Here are my answers to the questions set to me:
1. Given just one wish to use, what do you ask for? Ok. I did think hard about this one and really, what would be very comforting, would be the wish to have my family happy, safe and to live a life full of laughter and enjoyment. A simple but satisfying thought.
2. Given a choice of all the exotic places in the world to live, where would you choose? Maybe not hugely exotic, but my favourite place is a town called Collioure, which is in the South of France. I had my honeymoon there and have been lucky to go back there twice for holidays. A beautiful town made for wandering, with art on every street. Amazing ice creams, a harbour where you can dangle your feet in the water and the best French market I have ever been to. It is my favourite place ever.
3.What is your favourite genre to read, and where do you read most? I love crime fiction. I enjoy a story that keeps you guessing and makes you think. I’m terrible at losing myself in a book when I get into a story. I regularly get caught very late at night still reading because I can’t put a book down.
4. You can meet one famous person from the past, who’s it to be? There are a few people I would like to meet but one that comes to mind is Edmund Hillary. He was a one of two men who were the first to reach the top of Mount Everest in 1953. There a couple of reasons for this choice. I struggle with some climbs here, just in Wales. I’m lucky enough to have up-to-date kit, so I can’t imagine how it felt over 50 years ago completing such a challenge without radios, helicopter rescue, GPS etc. Also, I read that before taking off for the climb, Edmund awoke to find his walking boots frozen and spent 2 hours defrosting them. Many people would have curled back up in their sleeping bags. I would love to sit and listen to his story and feel the passion.
And so, my nominations for three blogs to look at are:
Expression and Confession: Expressing and confessing about life as a mum of two. Find at http://expressionandconfession.wordpress.com/
Phipps Conservatory Science Education and Research. Find at http://phippsscienceeducation.org/
Northampton Children and Nature Network. Find at http://nicolahedges2.wordpress.com
My questions for nominees are:
1: What superhero power would you want?
2: What song makes you feel happy?
3: If you could choose to be in any film what would it be?
4: Describe your perfect Sunday?
This award is such a lovely way of getting your blog out there and, for me, it’s been great to look out for the wide variety of blogs that I can enjoy and follow.
Here are the Liebster Blog Award (entirely optional) rules:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog (that’s me).
2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you (that’s my site).
3. Answer the questions posted for you in my blog.
3. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to three blogs with 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed.
5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog.