Wild Family Fun

Tales of living, working and enjoying life in the outdoors

January 24, 2015

Not Letting Winter Get in the Way

Recently, BritMums ran a photography project, (via Twitter and Instagram), to get families outdoors and enjoying themselves even though it’s Winter time.

The challenge was to take a photo a day, adding the hashtag Hibernot. This is a great word, as the weather currently really can put even the hardened outdoor lovers off from venturing outside.

I loved sharing my photographs on Instagram, and it was really worth the effort and meeting the challenge to push ourselves to make the effort, and get outside every day. It also showed me that you really can enjoy the outdoors in all and any weather, to a greater or lesser extent.

It really isn’t hard work. We made sure that we were wrapped up warm, we had a good set of waterproofs and (of course) a flask full of hot soup to keep the cold at bay!

hibernot

So, just because the Winter’s here, we shouldn’t hide away. Let’s try to embrace the challenge of Hibernot!

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

Mud Mud Marvellous Mud - Outdoor Play Party

8 thoughts on “Not Letting Winter Get in the Way

1. Coombemill says:

Lovely photos of your #hibernot challenge. I must say I’ve been snapping away today too, so lovely on a sunny day to get out in winter. Looks like you are all wrapped up ready to enjoy the best of the countryside and not let the cold get in your way. thank you for sharing on Country Kids.

1. kim says:

Hi, thank you. I really enjoyed the #hibernot challenge. Even going to school we were thinking of ways of enjoying the outdoors.
      All my thermals and winter kit is being used but it has been a beautiful winter, I agree its hard not to snap away with lots of photographs when outside.

2. Love these pics, it can be hard to get out in winter, but it always makes for a better day! #CountryKids

1. kim says:

Thank you, it was a brilliant challenge and does show you can get outside in Winter and have fun. #CountryKids

3. Linda says:

Fun! I don’t hang out much on Instagram unfortunately but enjoyed seeing your photos on here. Getting out at least for a little bit every day does a lot for my well-being – I didn’t get out today and I’m feeling it.

1. kim says:

Thank you, I enjoyed taking photographs and saw how fun we had outdoors.
      I’m the same if I dont get outside for a few days, I do love the fresh air. It makes me feel so much better.

4. Karen Bell says:

It’s great to get outdoors whatever the season and embrace it. Looks like you’ve had lots of fun outside.
    Thanks for linking #LetKidsBeKids

1. kim says:

Hi. I love getting outside in the winter. Just need warm clothes and you’re fine!
      #LetKidsBeKids